Steps to fix ‘Your PC cannot project to another screen’ errors Reinstall your video drivers Check your hardware Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter Run SFC Clean your computer Use a different user account The Dealing with incompatibility issues and various malfunctions is not an isolated issue when talking about Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 platforms. Woe
You are watching: span>how to fix windows projector< /a>
Steps to fix ‘Your PC cannot project to another display’ errors
- Reinstall your video drivers
- Check your hardware
- Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Run SFC
- Clean up your computer
- Use a different user account
Dealing with incompatibility issues and various malfunctions is not an isolated issue when talking about Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 platforms. Unfortunately, more and more users are reporting issues after the installing the latest Windows 10 updates.
A common problem is related to the following message or alert: Your PC cannot project to a second screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different card video . This error message affects all versions of Windows. However, it seems to be common for Windows 10.
For this reason, the solutions described in this troubleshooting guide mainly refer to Windows 10. Of course, you can also use them on all versions of Windows.
Well, this problem is very stressful, especially when you want to connect your Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or Windows 7 laptop, tablet or computer to an external monitor or a projector, because you won’t be able to do it, even if you could connect before updating your operating system. So why is this happening?
To find the answer, see the guidelines below. We’ll tell you why your PC can’t project to another screen. We will also show you how you can easily fix this annoying problem. Let’s dive into it.
SOLVED: Your PC cannot project to another screen in Windows 10
Solution 1: Reinstall your video drivers
As the message l indicates, you are dealing with an incompatibility problem. This happens because after updating to Windows 10, your drivers are outdated and you need to apply updates that are compatible with the new operating system.
Best would therefore be to uninstall the video drivers and reinstall them afterwards. Of course, you should download drivers compatible with Windows 10 system directly from your manufacturer’s website to ensure you get the correct drivers. You can check this guide on how to update drivers for more information.
Basically, here are the steps:
- You need to open the Device Manager> go to Display adapters.
- Right-click your graphics card driver, then select Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to finish
- Then you can go to Action> Check for hardware changes.
Of course, as recommended, you can also download the latest drivers directly from your manufacturer’s website.
Be careful, manually downloading drivers can be a tedious task, especially if you’re not computer savvy, but there are tools like TweakBit Driver Updater that can update Automatically update all your drivers with one click. This way, you will avoid irreversible damage to your system by downloading and installing the wrong player versions.
Editor’s Note: Some features of this tool are not free
Solution 2: Check your hardware
Another thing to do is to check the cables you use to connect to your external monitors. In some cases, Windows 10 does not support analog cables for connected second monitors.
So before trying anything, best to try a direct DVI connection. In most cases, this is the perfect solution to fix “Your PC cannot project to a second screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card alert on Windows 10 .
Solution 3: Run the hardware and peripherals troubleshooter
Another quick fix is to run the hardware and peripherals troubleshooter. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Find and run the troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 4: Run SFC
You may not be able to connect your Windows computer to your projector due to system corruption issues. To resolve this issue, you need to run an SFC scan. The System File Checker utility quickly scans and repairs system file problems.Here’s how to run it:
- Al lez in Start> open command prompt as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow > press enter
- Wait for the scanning process to complete, then restart your computer. Try connecting your device to your projector to see if this quick method fixed the problem.
Solution 5: Clean boot your computer
Sometimes various applications and programs can interfere with your projector, preventing your computer from connecting to it. To fix this problem, you need to start your computer using only a minimal set of drivers and programs. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Start> type msconfig > press Enter
- Click System Configuration> go to the tab Services> check the box ” Hide all Microsoft services “> click Disable All.
- Go to Startup tab> Open Task Manager
- Select each startup item> click Disable
- Close Task Manager> restart the computer.
Solution 6: Use a different user account
If you are using a computer with multiple accounts, keep in mind that all user accounts available on the respective computer may not have access or permission to project to another screen. Using a different user account may solve your problem.
Anyway, try the troubleshooting solutions listed above and see if you can resolve your technical issues. If the problem persists, please let us know using the comment field below. Give us more details and we will try to help you as soon as possible.
See more information related to the topic how to fix windows projector
[Windows error] How to fix if your PC can not connect to other screen via VGA or HDMI port
- Author: Tri Thức Số
- Post date: 2018-11-21
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 2417 ratings )
- Match search results: How to fix if your PC can not connect to other screen via VGA or HDMI port. Your Pc Can’t poject to other screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. If this video useful with you. please Subscribe !!!
Leave comment if you can not do anything!
Thanks for watching my video!!
How To Fix Display On Projector In Windows 10?
- Author: www.programatium.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 7108 ratings )
- Match search results:
Windows 10 Update and Projector Use
- Author: answers.microsoft.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 6708 ratings )
- Match search results: Since installing the April 2018 update my laptop will not communicate with my projector when I connect them with VGA cables. At a recent presentation a friend brought his laptop along and it connected
Projector Troubleshooting: 15 Common Projector Problems and Solutions
- Author: projectorninja.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 8772 ratings )
- Match search results: Projectors have become a critical part of a student’s education in the same way computers have in the 21st Century. Actually, most schools would rather use projectors than have individual workstations for their pupils in light of how expensive the latter is compared to the former. Furthermore, let’s not forget that projectors have become extremely
How do I change projection settings in Windows 10?
- Author: r4dn.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 4572 ratings )
- Match search results:
Can’t Change Projector Resolution: How Can I Fix This?
- Author: pointerclicker.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 9192 ratings )
- Match search results: Projector resolution issues are not uncommon and actually not that complicated. Determine your specific situation and you’ll have it addressed now!
Tips and Tricks on Projecting to A TV or Monitor from Windows 10
- Author: www.4winkey.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 8262 ratings )
- Match search results: If you want to share Windows 10 screen to other TV or projector, this post may be helpful to you, which aims to show top 2 ways on how to project to a TV or monitor from Windows 10 in a wireless and wired way.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips