Step-by-step tutorial in pictures to learn how to repair the Windows 10 operating system, especially when the computer no longer starts.
You are watching : how to fix incompatible program windows 10
Repair Windows 10, quite a program! The causes can be so many, as well as the symptoms…
Why repair Windows?
A Windows repair can be useful and necessary in many cases to troubleshoot Windows: computer starting problem, blue screen (the famous Blue Screen Of Death which is displayed during a major error), explorer crash , untimely restarts, extreme slowness of the operating system etc… If you find Windows 10 slow, you can already try our tips to fix slowness problems Windows 10.
Windows repair, regardless of the version of Windows used (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista etc…), is the one of the first actions to take in the event of a major Windows problem. The other major action to take in case of serious problems is the analysis of the hard disk and the correction of any errors.
The most interesting thing about this Windows repair process is that you normally keep your data!
Afterwards, as always, I still encourage you to set up a backup strategy for your files as well as back up Windows 10 (or any other operating system) so that you don’t lose your valuable personal or work data. Don’t come and blame me if you lose data, you have been warned… It is indeed easier to set up regular backups than to recover lost data< /span> with specialized software!
Here we will focus on the different ways to repair Windows 10, the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system released in 2015.
Repair Windows 10 without losing its data
Repair Windows 10 using command prompt and SFC tool
Windows 10 (like other versions of Windows) has a utility that allows you to check system files and therefore solve certain problems related to the operating system.
This is the fastest and easiest method (despite using the command prompt) to implement in the event of a problem. This is also the preferred solution if you do not have installation media (CD / DVD / USB key).
- Right click on the start menu (or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously) then select Command prompt (admin) or PowerShell (admin) which replaces the command prompt in the latest versions of Windows 10.
- In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow
- Press the Enter key to launch the System File Checker utility.
For more information on the System File Checkers tool (SFC.exe), see Microsoft Help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the -system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
Unfortunately, this utility does not solve all problems and it may be necessary to use a more powerful tool.
Repair Windows using Windows 10 built-in repair tool
There is a powerful repair tool built into Windows 10 that runs directly from Windows 10 by going to Windows 10 advanced startup options (in case Windows 10 won’t boot anymore) or by using the Recovery feature available from the Windows 10 Settings (Update and Security section) if you still have access to Windows 10.
The main problem with using the built-in repair tool and resetting Windows 10: your personal files will be backed up but all the software you have installed on your computer will be deleted along with your Windows settings… Windows will tell you after the repair which programs it has removed (as a text file copied to your desktop). Again, I prefer to warn you before you start.
Also, plan a good hour ahead of you, like for a Windows installation!
If your PC boots and you have access to Windows 10, you can launch the repair tool directly from Windows:
- Right click on the start menu of Windows 10 (or use the keyboard shortcut by simultaneously pressing Windows and X keys) then select Settings.
- Click Update and Security (Windows Update, Recovery, Backup).
- In the left menu, click on Recovery then on the Get started button in the Reset this PC section.
- Click on Keep my files.
- The reset program then informs you that it will remove the programs already installed on your computer, click on Next
- Click Reset and let your PC work until it restarts.
Repair Windows 10 with Windows 10 installation media
This method is particularly useful if your PC no longer starts.
However, this method requires Windows installation media: a Windows 10 installation DVD or, optionally, a USB key with the Windows 10 installation files. If you do not have one such media, see our tutorial to create Windows 10 installation or reset media.
You will then need to restart your computer by booting to your installation media and then click on Troubleshooting (Reset the PC or display advanced options).
Then click on Reset this PC
You will thus arrive at step 4 of the previous part (direct link if you do not want to go back to the page:https://www.astuces-aide-informatique.info/3155/reparer-windows-10#etape4), continue the tutorial to reset Windows.
Repair Windows without losing data and keeping its programs
Unlike the previous method, this Windows 10 repair only works if Windows is started and also requires installation media (DVD/USB drive).
On the other hand, this method has the big advantage of keeping not only your files but also your programs and applications!
At the beginning of the repair process (in the Ready to install window), all you have to do is to select “Keep Windows settings, personal files and applications” . If not, click “Change what to keep” to tell Windows to keep your apps and software.
And in addition, a short video made by the excellent site malekal.com, good viewing!
See more information related to the topic how to fix incompatible program windows 10
How to fix INCOMPATIBLE APPLICATION ERROR of any game
- Author: BILLA BHAI (catty)
- Post date: 2017-10-14
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 6126 ratings )
- Match search results: In this video you will know about that how you can “fix incompatible application error”.
This fixing of error is for every game.
How do I fix incompatible programs in Windows 10?
- Author: frameboxxindore.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 3592 ratings )
- Match search results:
How To Fix An Incompatible Program Windows 10?
- Author: www.programatium.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 4383 ratings )
- Match search results:
How to Uninstall or Repair a Program in Windows 10
- Author: www.howtogeek.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 4331 ratings )
- Match search results: Sometimes apps can misbehave due to missing or corrupt files. Windows makes it easy to repair a program installation when this happens or even to uninstall the program from your system entirely if you’re no longer using it.
How to Fix: Program not Compatible with Windows 10
- Author: www.infopackets.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 5858 ratings )
- Match search results: Infopackets Reader Stacie M. writes: ” Dear Dennis, I upgraded to Windows 10 over the weekend, but unfortunately many of my programs appear to be incompatible. For example, a program either gives me an error and immediately exits, or it runs but doesn’t work properly. If I would have known that my programs won’t work with Windows 10, I don’t think I would have upgraded. Is
See more articles in this category: Computer tips