Reasons why second monitor not recognized/second monitor has no signal and how we solve this problem with different methods.
You are watching : Computer is not displayed on the monitor
You can use a second monitor on your Windows 10 computer to make your work easier. However, if your second monitor is not detected or the second monitor has no signal, do you know how to get rid of this problem? Read this post to get some useful solutions.
If you work in some special areas like editing videos, using multiple apps at the same time or playing games on your Windows 10 computer, you can get a second one Connect the monitor to your device to make your work easier.
After connecting a second monitor to your computer, you may find that the second monitor has no signal or the second monitor is not recognized. If yes, do you know how to fix this problem? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some effective solutions.
Reasons for second monitor not detected/second monitor has no signal
First, let’s talk about the causes of the second monitor not detected.
This problem can have many causes:
- The graphics driver is corrupted or defective.
- The graphics driver is out of date.
- There are some hardware related issues.
- And much more…
We focus on these issues and have put together some specific solutions. You can try them to help you.
How to fix Second Monitor Not Detected/Second Monitor No Signal issue?
- Fix second monitor not recognized with hardware troubleshooter
- Repair the undetected second monitor from Settings
- Repairing Second Monitor Not Detected by Updating/Reinstalling Graphics Driver
Method 1: Use hardware troubleshooter
If your Windows does not recognize the second monitor, it is usually a hardware problem. You should perform the following checks and fixes:
- Make sure the monitor is properly connected to the computer and power source.
- The monitor should be on.
- Restart your computer to fix temporary problems and reconnect.
- You can use the monitor’s built-in controls to verify that the correct input is selected.
- Try a different signal cable to check if it’s a cable problem.
- Check the DisplayPort and HDMI connectors to make sure you’re using the correct cable.
- Use the monitor on another computer to check if it is a monitor issue.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices such as external hard drives, USB sticks or printers from your computer.
Method 2: Use Settings
You can also fix the second monitor not detected issue from Settings.
Here are two things you can do:
Perform detection of a second monitor
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Display.
- Click the Detect button under Reorder ads.
Wirelessly connect the second monitor
If you connected the second monitor to Windows with a cable, you can try connecting it wirelessly to see if the problem goes away.
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click Add Bluetooth and other devices.
- Click Wireless Display or Dock.
- Make sure the wireless display is turned on and discoverable.
- Select the target display from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the settings.
in the pop-up interface
Method 3: Update / Reinstall / Undo Graphics Driver
If the graphics driver is corrupted or outdated, the second monitor may not be recognized or the second monitor may not provide a signal. You can update or reinstall the device driver to give this a try.
Updating the graphics driver
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click See optional updates.
- Expand Driver Updates and then select the driver you want to update.
- Click Download and Install. Then wait for the whole process to finish.
Following these steps should resolve the issue. However, if you can’t find the “Show optional updates” option, then there shouldn’t be a graphics driver update available. You can reinstall the graphics driver to see if that can solve the second monitor not detected or no signal issue.
Reinstall the graphics driver
- Use Windows search to search for Device Manager and select the first result to open it.
- Expand Show adapters.
- Right-click the target adapter, then select Uninstall device.
- Uncheck Delete driver software from this device.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer. Windows automatically installs the graphics driver at startup.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Right-click the computer name, then select Scan for hardware changes.
Reset graphics driver
If the 2nd monitor not recognized issue occurs after you update the graphics driver, you can roll back the driver to see whether the problem can be solved.
We hope the solutions mentioned in this post can help you to solve Second Monitor Not Detected issue.
If you accidentally lost important files, you can use the free program MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover them. This software has a trial version.
You can try this freeware first and then decide whether to upgrade to a full version.
Download for free
If you encounter similar problems, please let us know in a comment.
See more information related to the topic Computer is not displayed on the monitor
Fixed – Computer Turns On But No Display & No Signal In Monitor | CPU Fan Spinning But No Display
- Author: Tech Help Sourav
- Post date: 2021-06-14
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 8850 Ratings )
- Match search results: Hey Guys Sourav Dutta Here And Today i am Going To telling you How To Fixed Computer Turns On But No Display & No Signal In Monitor | CPU Fan Spinning No Display
* cpu turns on but no display on monitor
* computer turns on but no display on monitor or keyboard or mouse
* cpu turns on but monitor says no signal
Share, Support, Subscribe!!!
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/TechHelpSourav/
DISCLAIMER: This Channel DOES NOT Promote or encourage Any illegal activities , all contents provided by This Channel is meant for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE only .
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Thanks for watching….And Plzzzz Subscribe The Our Channel
Tech Help Sourav………..
How to troubleshoot no display on computer monitor.
- Author: www.jesterscomputers.com
- Ratings: 4 ⭐ ( 2154 Ratings )
- Match search results:
HP Desktop PCs – Computer Starts but Monitor Remains Blank (Windows)
- Author: support.hp.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 7723 Ratings )
- Match search results: If your monitor is connected but does not display anything, try the troubleshooting steps in this document.
Don’t Panic! 8 Solutions to Fix PC Turns On but No Display
- Author: www.minitool.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 1992 Ratings )
- Match search results: What should you do when your computer starts but the screen is black? Here are 8 unique ways to help effectively fix ‘PC turns on but no display’ issue.
Fix My Computer Is Not Displayed On The Monitor
- Author: pt.fileerrors.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 2988 Ratings )
- Match search results:
No display or black screen on a computer monitor
- Author: www.computerhope.com
- Ratings: 3 ⭐ ( 7149 Ratings )
- Match search results: How to fix problems when a monitor that won’t power on, or won’t display a picture.
Nothing is displayed on the monitor
- Author: consumer.huawei.com
- Ratings: 5 ⭐ ( 2145 Ratings )
- Match search results: Learn about ‘Nothing is displayed on the monitor’. Find all usage guide, troubleshooting tips and resources for your HUAWEI product.
See more articles in this category: Computer tips